The new year has arrived which calls for new years resolutions for your hotel! We know what you’re thinking, how do I figure out what kind of resolutions to do for a hotel? We’ve got you covered.
In this blog, we’ll discuss 4 new years resolutions for your hotel that will help increase your reputation, online presence, and revenue through goal setting.
1. Increase your hotel’s online reviews
As a hard-working hotelier, you know that you offer your guests an amazing experience when they stay with you. It’s not always the case, though, that these happy guests write reviews, which can mean that your online reputation doesn’t always reflect exactly what you have to offer travelers. When going into a new year, you need to make sure your property is reflected in the best way possible online. Travelers almost always do research before booking a hotel room, and that includes looking over online reviews. If your online reviews don’t convey just how much guests love to stay with you, travelers will book elsewhere. Here’s a couple ways to get happy guests to leave good reviews and boost occupancy this year.
- Ask your guests for reviews. You can leave cards in guests’ rooms asking them to write a review, letting them know that you’re interested in what they have to say. You can also ask guests at check-out to post a review of your hotel, while their experience is still fresh in their minds.
- Send your guests follow-up emails. Even the most well-intentioned guest can forget to post that review they promised to write. Sending follow-up emails and including a few links to review sites can be the gentle nudge they need to write a review.
- Become actively engaged with your online reviews. When travelers see that you’re genuinely interested in what guests have to say about your hotel, whether good or bad, it lets them know that you care about the guest experience, which can help your hotel stand apart from the competition.
2. Set goals & use forecasting
Setting goals for your business when stepping into a new year is so important. Goals help you strive to do better, while seeing what you can achieve. With innRoad’s property management system, setting goals is easy. Put a strategy in place to reach your goals and let innRoad help you achieve them. You can customize your goals and see real-time projected revenue forecasts using our hotel revenue management software tools.
- Set ADR, occupancy, and revenue goals
- Get recommendations on how to meet goals
- Forecast results
How do you know if your revenue management strategy is working? You need to be consistently monitoring your progress, pulling numbers, and analyzing the results.
With innRoad’s property management system, it’s easy! You can have your metrics sent to you daily, weekly, or monthly. Instead of spending time printing multiple reports, you can automatically receive an overview of your property’s progress to your email. By setting goals and actively monitoring them, you’re able to see how your property has grown year over year and what you can do to improve.
3. Create a social media plan for your hotel
It’s time to take control of your marketing efforts, with a special emphasis on social media. With social media usage increasing more rapidly than before, guests need to be able to see what kind of experience you’re offering them. What do the rooms look like? What amenities does this hotel offer? Where is this hotel located? What is there to do around this property? These are all questions that guests should be able to answer when looking at your social media channels. How do we do this effectively?
- Produce a strong content calendar (testimonials, photos, videos, community events)
- Choose the right social media platforms for your hotel
- Identify current content to utilize
- Make a plan for how often you will be posting
- Ensure your social media branding is unified with your website branding (colors, fonts, property name)
Utilizing social media is a wonderful way to market your hotel, so have some fun with it and use a little creativity to help yourself standout in the industry. For more tips on creating a social media plan for your hotel, check out our blog on boosting your social media presence.
4. Collaborate with your community
Are you currently utilizing your favorite coffee shops, restaurants, and tourist attractions to your advantage? If not, it’s time to step it up this year! Partnering and fostering good relationships with local businesses increases the opportunity of your hotel getting booked by a guest of theirs! This can look different for each property, but a few good ways to do this include:
- Asking local businesses if you can leave collateral at their business location
- Highlighting local businesses on your website (include links) and social media (tag them)
- Simply building relationships with the owners/workers of the local business can lead to word of mouth marketing
- Creating a referral program/incentive with the local business (For example: Hotel guests get 10% off at a local restaurant, or restaurant guests get 10% off at your hotel.)
The opportunities are endless when partnering with other local businesses, and normally its a win-win situation.
New year, new you. It’s time to take control of your hotel this year through goal setting, increasing your online presence, boosting your reputation, and fostering your local community. We hope these 4 new years resolutions are beneficial to your hotel, and we can’t wait to see your property grow!
Wanting more ways to grow your property this year? A property management software has features that will help you save time, increase efficiency, increase bookings and revenue, and give guests an easy booking experience; all while streamlining your operations. When getting a cloud-based property management software, you’ll be able to manage your property on the go, get insight into your property’s performance with reporting features, easily modify reservations, and make your business visible on the top online travel agent sites.
Ready to get a property management software that does it all? Join the thousands of properties around the globe who choose innRoad’s hotel management software to streamline their hospitality business.
Learn more about how our software and extra features can help your property by scheduling a demo with our property advisors today!